Welcome!

Thanks for visiting Trapping Supplies Review. This is a place for trappers to share their insights on all things related to trapping. If you would like to contribute a trapping article, equipment review or stories and pictures from your trapline, please click "contact me" in the sidebar and I'll be happy to include your post. Meantime, please feel free to post comments on any topic if you have additional insights. Together we can make this website a valuable resource for trappers.

Grandpa Jake's Lures

review by James Holm

     I had the good fortune of being asked to try out a new line of lures this past fall. I was approached by the owner of Grandpa Jake's Lures, Willie Jacobson, and was asked to test out some new lures he had formulated and needed some input on them. I of course jumped at the chance to try out some brand new stuff on my own line. I was sent several different smells and also different animal smells as well. I was given raccoon, muskrat, and some K9 stuff in the form of regular urine and some power urine as well.
     These lure’s arrived after my season had begun, and when I got them I started a new branch of my existing line to run these exclusively and to fairly give only the best feedback I could. I ran a line for coons and mink with some and some fox sets with the others. The coon and mink lure was a good producer for me and the fox sets had lots of interest and if not for my mistakes would have produced for me. I managed to catch raccoons, mink, muskrats and had fox dancing on my traps. Misplaced stones caused me to miss the fox. I would say that these lures are ready for all to try. Anyone wanting info or if you want to try them for your self contact Willie at:
The full line is available here and phone contact is available as well. More lures are coming soon along with a predator bait.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment