Welcome!

Thanks for visiting Trapping Supplies Review. This is a place for trappers to share their insights on all things related to trapping. If you would like to contribute a trapping article, equipment review or stories and pictures from your trapline, please click "contact me" in the sidebar and I'll be happy to include your post. Meantime, please feel free to post comments on any topic if you have additional insights. Together we can make this website a valuable resource for trappers.

An Effective Staking System

by "Yoteguts" in central Illinois

This system has worked great for me from soupy mud to frozen crust 3 to 6 inches deep.  I have changed things a little this year.  I have gone to #3 chain and 5/8ths lock washers on my chain stakes. The #2 chain seemed a little weak in the frozen ground and I never did like the little s-hooks on the stake head.  I use finned super stake with retrieval cable.

The set up.

Drive it in with a pilot hole first in frozen ground.



To pull the trap dig down and find the cable, about 4 inches.


Hook puller on and pull it out.  Simple and easy as pie.



 To clean the dirt out of the stake I made this handy little tool.



There you go, all ready for the next set.


Got to have a catch pic....

No comments:

Post a Comment