Welcome!

Thanks for visiting Trapping Supplies Review. This is a place for trappers to share their insights on all things related to trapping. If you would like to contribute a trapping article, equipment review or stories and pictures from your trapline, please click "contact me" in the sidebar and I'll be happy to include your post. Meantime, please feel free to post comments on any topic if you have additional insights. Together we can make this website a valuable resource for trappers.

A Few Favorite Blogs

Maybe I'm more of a reader than a writer; at least I feel that way when I visit other outdoorsy blogs and see how verbose and entertaining some of my fellow sportsmen are.  I thought I'd put out a plug for a few guys who are just as good at writing as they are at the skills of outdoor life.  I visit these blogs regularly and I think TSR readers will get a kick out of them.




Here's an eyefull of the dirty feet of Ian Nance.  Ian is an avid hunter from Florida and tells his tales of outdoor adventure on his blog The Wild Life.  Ian's blog is interesting and diverse, including all kinds of things from hunting stories and tips to game recipes and equipment reviews.  He just cracks me up, too.  He's got a great writing style and injects some good humor into the tales of his adventures.  A true story teller, just what you expect from a true outdoorsman.  I'm going to do a guest post for him soon on coyote hunting, so keep an eye out for that.






I'm also lovin' The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles by Albert Rasch.  Albert has some excellent material on his blog, especially range reviews of different weapons and a lot of great writing on hunter's rights and the animal rights movement.  Here's an "in-your-face" outdoorsman who is proud of our lifestyle.  From his blog description: "Claim the privilege of hunting according to the dictates of your own conscience."  Enough said!   






Last but not least, I want to mention Jeremiah Wood over at Trapping Today.  Jeremiah's blog is THE place to find trapping news, and he brings a truly professional perspective to the sport of trapping.  Jeremiah has degrees in Wildlife Biology and Fisheries Biology, and is currently a state fisheries biologist for the state of Montana.  Jeremiah is one of the first bloggers I met after starting TSR.  He has been very encouraging to me, and I still visit his blog regularly.  If you're a trapper you just have to bookmark his blog.  You'll enjoy it!


Well, there ya go....a few blogs truly worth your time to visit.  Tell 'em I sent ya!

3 comments:

  1. CJ,

    Thanks for the hat tip! I've enjoyed reading your blog, and I'm looking forward to cheking out Jerimiah's also.

    Best regards,
    Albert “Afghanus” Rasch
    The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles™
    Scouting for Hog, Chronicles Style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ....I tried to comment earlier but I guess it didn't go through.
    Thanks a lot for the kind words, I appreciate it. Keep up the great work on your site!

    ReplyDelete