Welcome!

Thanks for visiting Trapping Supplies Review. This is a place for trappers to share their insights on all things related to trapping. If you would like to contribute a trapping article, equipment review or stories and pictures from your trapline, please click "contact me" in the sidebar and I'll be happy to include your post. Meantime, please feel free to post comments on any topic if you have additional insights. Together we can make this website a valuable resource for trappers.

Dirt-Hole Pictorial

by Ricky Cox in Texas
Yoteman

I start by finding my location.  In this picture there's coyote tracks running down the left side of the dirt road beside the four wheeler.


Now I dig my bed in a bowl shape.


Then I drive my pogo stake right down in the center of my bed.


Now I dig my dirthole and bed my trap solid.


Now I sift the dirt over the trap and pour the chunks of dirt on both sides to form an upside down "V" shape back to the hole. I also make sure the area right above the trap pan is the lowest spot in my set.


Then I put a chunk of my favorite bait down the hole and cover it with a little clump of dead grass, or sheep's wool, etc... Then my lure goes on top of that in the hole and I might put just a little piece of backing at the back side of the hole. Here's the finished set:

No comments:

Post a Comment